"The mission of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image."
Meeting Times and Locations for Spring 2016
April 18, 7 p.m. - President's Dining Room
May 9, 7 p.m. - President's Dining Room
|Advisor: Trevor Perssonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|President: Laney Poeemail@example.com|
|Vice President: Katherine Kibbefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer: Krislyn Chaemail@example.com|
|Secretary: Zoe Kratzerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Media: Mackenzie Duttonemail@example.com|
|Social Chair: Andrew Okimurafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Women's Cross Country||
|Men's Cross Country||Damon Gomez
|Women's Golf||Kirsten Contreras
|Men's Golf||Alec Spencer
|Women's Soccer||Michaela Adams
|Men's Soccer||Ferdinand Estrada
|Women's Swimming and Diving||Laney Poe
|Men's Swimming and Diving||Andrew Okimura
|Women's Track and Field||Jazmine Williams
|Men's Track and Field||Art Hinojosa
|Women's Water Polo||Zoe Kratzer
|Men's Water Polo||Bryan Jimenez
Current Projects and Goals
- Make Barbara's Place and Davenport more athlete friendly by increasing the number of hours they are open, as well as by serving an increased number of healthy food options.
- Create a business plan and raise money to purchase a marquee for outside the Athletic Pavilion that will keep students, faculty, staff, and visitors up to date on what is happening within the athletic community.
- Gain priority registration for athletes, or make it so that class and practice conflict issues happen less frequently for student-athletes.
- Create a campus that is more supportive of athletes and athletic programs, as well as create a more prominent school spirit atmosphere.
- Help publicize all sporting events through the use of print media (posters), as well as social media.
- Flood the La Verne campus with spirit shirts that support ULV athletics.
Recent Events and Projects
• On March 5, the SAAC volunteered at the softball team's Playing for Heroes doubleheader against Whittier. The student-athletes worked concessions sold bingo cards and t-shirts to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project.
• On March 29, our student-athletes volunteered at Sultana Elementary's kick-off testing assembly. They discussed with the students the parallels between preparing and competing as an athlete and taking the state test.
• The SAAC has also used some of its ASULV fuding to create and print an athletics calendar that was distributed around campus and in the local businesses.
• April 9 - The SAAC will have a booth at the Spotlight Club Fair in hopes to encourage and answer any questions prospective students might have about athletics or about life at ULV
• April 30 - The SAAC will be hosting a snack-bar at the softball double header in hopes to raise money for upcoming projects that support ULV athletics
• SAAC is currently in the process of planning an It's On Us event during the end of April in support of Sexual Assault Awareness Month. During this event SAAC will be passing out free t-shirts to the ULV student body (on a first-come first-serve basis). There will also be refreshments and an online pledge that students will be encouraged to sign. More information will be provided on our social media pages