LA VERNE, CA — Jovanni Garcia scored his SCIAC leading 11th goal and the University of La Verne men's soccer team took a 1-0 lead just over 15 minutes into the game.
But the Bulldogs caught a break three minutes later and tied the game on a penalty kick before scoring a pair of goals in the second half to beat La Verne 3-1.
With the loss, La Verne ends its three-game winning streak, falling to 6-3 overall and 1-1 in the SCIAC. Redlands improves to 1-4-1 overall and 1-2-1 in the conference.
- Jovanni Garcia from Adrian Landeros (29:08) — Following an errant pass by Redlands, Landers quickly dished a pass to Garcia. The forward easily beat his defender and slipped a shot past the charging keeper for the 1-0 advantage.
- Derrin Valeri, penalty kick (32:24) — The Leopards were called for foul just at the edge of the box and Valeri converted the penalty kick.
- Ethan Kovach from Steven Acuña (50:49)
- Avery Jacobson (58:35)
- Kevan Rehmani finished with five saves
- Noah Natividad stepped in for the Bulldogs in the second have and finished with one save
The Leopards will look to bounce back this Saturday in their first conference road game of the season. La Verne travels to Chapman for a 7 p.m. matchup against the Panthers.Watch Live Download the SCIAC TV App Follow ULV Athletics on Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch on Youtube Follow us on Instagram