REDLANDS, CA — The University of La Verne track and field teams opened up SCIAC competition with their first conference multi-dual of the season.
The SCIAC Multi-Duals account for 25 percent of the overall SCIAC standings with the remaining 75 percent determined at the conference championship meet.
Elizabeth Prevedello led the Leopards with a win in the high jump. The multi-event athlete took first in the high jump with a height of 5-01 (1.55m). She added a second place finish in the long jump with a distance of 17-04.25 (5.29m).
Bella Lincon finished with a mark of 111-05 (33.97m) in the hammer throw, good enough for fourth place. She also took fourth in the javelin with a throw of 86-07 (26.40m).
On the men's side, Matthew Pedroza led La Verne with a pair of second place finishes. Pedroza, who has already earned SCIAC Athlete of the Week honors this season, took second in the shot put with a throw of 44-00. (13.41m). Teammate Subdue Ezinwa took fourth in the event at 39-01.75 (11.93m). Pedroza went on to take second hammer throw with a distance of 138-03 (42.13m).
Pedroza also took fourth in the discus with a mark of 121-09 (37.12m).
Patrick Cornwell took second in the 400m hurdles with a time of 57.98.
Senior Hunter Powers took fourth in the 100m dash with a time of 11.37, and fellow senior Samuel Johnny clocked in at 15:56.83 in the 5000m to take fourth. Powers also took third in the long jump with a distance of 19-11.75 (6.09m).
The Leopards will continue the outdoor season on March 15 at the Oxy Spring Classic in Eagle Rock.Watch Live Follow ULV Athletics on Twitter Like us on Facebook Watch on Youtube Follow us on Instagram