Lillian Slade Aquatics Center | Whittier, Calif.
Dates: February 19-22, 2015
Location: Whittier, Calif. (Lillian Slade Aquatics Center)
Watch online: LIVE STREAM
Live results: Meet Mobile App
Tickets: Adults - $35/All-Session, $5/Prelims, $10/Finals; SCIAC ID - FREE; children under 12 - Free
Merchandise Information: Merchandise, including short and long sleeved t-shirts, will be available for purchaseat the venue. Items are available on a first come, first serve basis. Prices for short sleeved t-shirts are $15 and for long sleeved t-shirts are $20.
• Senior All-American Maddie Lovrensky heads into the meet undefeated in all backstroke events in SCIAC meets in which she has competed in her career
• Four school records fell this season: In the 100 yard freestyle, Melanie Consiglio and Maddie Lovrensky clocked a time of 54 seconds flat ... Jacqueline Rojas set the new standard in the 200 breaststroke at 2:28.86, Lovrensky broke the record in the 200 individual medley (2:12.25) and Krislyn Cha went 4:50.42 in the 400 IM
• Two relays to watch are the 200 and the 400 medley relay; the Leopards are ranked second in both events behind Claremont-Mudd-Scripps ... La Verne is projected to swim Lovrensky-Rojas-Cha-Consiglio
• Lovrensky owns the season's top times in the 100 back (56.04) and the 200 back (2:02.94) while Rojas has the fastest time in the 100 breast (1:06.58)
• Mike Sanchez owns the seasons' fastest times in both the 100 (57.11) and the 200 breaststroke (2:05.78), but he will have to fend off Occidental's Steven van Deventer, the two-time defending SCIAC champion in both events
• Daniel Carpenter has been the best freestyle sprinter for the Leopards all season and he has a shot at taking the 100 freestyle; he has the SCIAC's second fastest time of the season (46.81) going into the championships
• Jarrett Peterson has a good chance to score in the 200 backstroke; he's ranked sixth in the event with a time of 1:59.81
• Diver Scott MacKay broke the school record on the 1-meter board with an 11-dive score of 482.85, which was good enough to qualify for NCAA Zones; he will have to beat defending champion James Stevick of Claremont-Mudd-ScrippsFollow La Verne Athletics on Twitter @ULVAthletics Follow La Verne Athletics on Instagram @ULVAthletics
Like La Verne Athletics on Facebook Sign up for our newsletter